Monday, April 18, 2011

O is for Oops...A-Z Challenge

Holy Crap! I completely forgot about the A-Z challenge that I signed up for months ago. I got so busy with everything that I'm lucky I remember books in the morning for school.

I almost forgot about my daughter's track meet the other day, this is how mushy my brain is right now. It's filled with facts that I'm trying to retain long enough to pass exams and then hopefully some of them stick for when I actually have to go to work in the field.

Uugh. If I've pissed anyone off that has been busting their asses participating in this challenge, please accept my sincere apologies. I'm not a slacker, just overloaded.

Ok, onward...

Is it really April? Because when I woke up this morning, there was an inch of snow on the ground and it was 30 frickin' degrees. If I didn't have to go to class this morning I would have gone back to bed.

Speaking of crappy weather, I might as well fill you in on my new plans for an adventurous future. My husband and I were talking one day about moving somewhere warmer. I've been wanting to get out of the Arctic Tundra for years now, but my husband seems to be coming around quickly these days.


We've been looking at sailboats and we've decided that we're going to buy one and live on it in the Gulf once I graduate. I figure I could work somewhere in Florida since they still have the death penalty. It was recently abolished here in Illinois and once I get to work, I want to work with a lawyer who specializes or works only with the death penalty.

The other choice is California. After all, San Quentin is right over there in the Bay. My husband would prefer to live on the Gulf, so I'm thinking a compromise is in order. We've been doing a ton of research and following some of the people who live on sailboat's. We're taking sailing lessons this summer, so we'll see how it goes.

A slight hang up I have is a major fear of sharks, but I absolutely love the ocean. I'm thinking I'll get used to it. The more I learn about it, the better I feel.

Well, short post tonight. I've been writing all day and I'm going to bed.

~Live Happy

3 comments:

  1. I'm humming the theme from Jaws.

    Sorry.

    Wow. Thinking about living on a boat. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RG ~ I'm excited and terrified all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful post and great pictures

    ReplyDelete