Saturday, November 17, 2012

Weight a Minute!

As some of you may know I finished school in May and have been looking for actual employment with an income since then. I have had no luck thus far in finding a job so my life has become somewhat sedentary. It took me a while to realize it, but it's frighteningly true.

As a result, I have gained about 20 pounds since I've graduated and I'm not happy with it. At almost five foot four inches, an extra 20 pounds is A LOT. Fitting into my clothes is not possible at this weight and I feel quite unhealthy. The treadmill is one of the most boring activities to me because I go nowhere and I've tried listening to music and watching tv while going nowhere but I just can't do it. Lifting, aerobics, yoga, and all of those other fun things people enjoy is just not fun for me. It's work, and I'm not one to force myself to do things I don't like or enjoy.

So one day I was watching you tube because my husband sent me a link to watch something and I stumbled upon weighted hula hoops. Just then I remembered that I used to be a fantastic hula hooper. So I set out to find a hoop for myself (but not a weighted one) and brush up on my skills. And even though my initial thought was not to do it to lose weight but because it's fun and it takes my mind off of everything, I realized that losing some weight could be an added benefit and at the least it will get me moving again.

Once I become reacquainted with my hoop maybe I'll post a video. I plan on learning some new skills too so it may take me a while. Not to mention the fact that not only do I have an extra 20 pounds on me, but I am terribly out of shape.

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

4 comments:

  1. I'm only 5'4 too and I know what a huge impact 20 pounds can be on our tiny frames. Hula Hopping is TOTALLY fun and it will definitely help you shed some of those unwanted pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. still hoping you will return one of these days!

    ReplyDelete