Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Honesty or Stupidity?


Hello all! This post is going to be all about honesty; hopefully.

I know I have been a total slacker the last half of the year. I explained that I was busy at school, but that was only half true.

I also explained that I had a lot of other things going on in my life, but I didn't want to splay it all out here for the world to read. Here's why:

Do you ever surf around your homepage and look at all the news articles? Well, I do too and I would occasionally read about, ohhh let's see, ummm, 10 things that could keep you from getting a good-paying job. The article might say things about what you should and should not post on your facebook and/or blog. Be aware of what pictures your posting, the content you write, etc, because once on the internet it's there for life and it could keep you from your dream job. Ooooo, scary.

This kind of stuff keeps me from sharing about me and what's happening on my side of the street because who likes to be judged? So I try to keep it on my writing and superficial crap. It's also hard to write about something while you're going through it because things aren't quite clear yet and some things can be terrifying.

Well, it's just not cutting the mustard for me anymore. Life is happening over here and it's not just school. Sure we take trips and vacations and all that fun stuff, but shit happens that isn't all that great either and I don't mind sharing it with the world because it's who I am and what I'm made of.

If I don't get a job as a result of what I'm posting, well then I guess that's all the better because I wouldn't have wanted to work there anyway. Besides the fact that shit happens in everyone's life no matter who you are, and I don't mind sharing it, so that people can see that you can really get through anything and still have a good time through it.


In all honesty my path has taken a different direction as a result of my life experiences in the last year. I love to write and I miss posting here and connecting with people, but I have been afraid to share that because I don't want to lose my writer pals.

From this day forward, this blog will be about a plethora of things. I cannot pin point one topic or niche. It's not how I'm wired. It will be about whatever I feel like telling you, good, bad or indifferent. I'm not holding back anymore. If I am to be judged and shunned, then so be it. But I'll be judged and shunned while being honest.

I don't live a typical life and I don't have a typical past. But I don't think any of us do.

I don't want this post to be too long and drawn out, I just wanted to prepare you guys for a bit of a change here. I'm still me, I'm still writing, but there is a lot more to me than that, and I would like to share if you're willing to listen.

I'll catch everyone up on the last year of my life, which isn't all that exciting, but it's what makes me who I am.

~Live Happy

16 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it! It's what makes us unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks RG. Looking forward to unloading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Above all else, know this: To thine own self, be true.

    You go, girl. There had better not be any judging around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Terry. I can always count on you to make me smile and feel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Bring. It.


    xoxoxoxoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Meleah said it best. :D

    It's good to have you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mel and Hannah! Thanks for the support. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lost my website and blog to a phishing outfit, so I'm glad to catch up with you again.

    Waiting to see where you go with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Writing your own truths is important. I know the ardent opinion is to be careful of what you post about yourself, but your voice deserves the sound it adds to the universe. Share it. And know you're supported by those of us sharing our voices too.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Oopsie! Just followed you for the second time. Twice the love :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the background picture and header, takes me right to London!

    SO Blogfest later?

    ReplyDelete
  12. D.L.~ That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

    J.L.~ I'm sorry to hear that, but glad to see you again.

    Nicole~ Thank you for the encouragement and support. It's what keeps me going. And it's great to see you again. Hope all is well.

    Myne ~ I'll come to your blog and see what the blogfest is all about. Thanks for stopping in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We sound much alike (I think I've said that before). I don't particularly like talking about myself either. So I don't. Saying that, they'll be no judging from me if you do. Even though our blogging friendship is only through the written word, it is real to me.

    I like how you tick.

    PS. My favourite blogs are of the eclectic variety anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wendy~ It's real to me too, so thank you for the support, it means a lot to me.
    My favorite blogs are of the eclectic variety also. And I love that word; eclectic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to the new posts! Blog on with your bad self, Gina!

    ReplyDelete