Friday, October 9, 2009

Sometimes, you just gotta say...what the F*@#.


What happens when we no longer care what other people think of us?
I'll tell you what happens. We become FREE! Free to be ourselves. Free to please ourselves. Free to do what we want, when we want. Free to laugh at what we actually think is funny or not to laugh at what isn't. Free to have our own opinion on anything we want and voice it. Free to wear what we want. Free to just be...who we are. Free to choose who we want in our lives because we are more concerned with who we like as opposed to who likes us.Status no longer matters (which means more money in my pocket...well, maybe not). I buy things because I enjoy them, not because I have to one-up someone else. I can know that freelance writing IS a real job and not care what anyone thinks because I can travel wherever I want, whenever I want. 
Yes, there are things I do that I don't want to do, because if I don't do them I'll feel bad about myself. (See self-pity below). So in reality, I am still doing what I want. Try it. FREE YOURSELF!

I know I want to wear these shoes without the rivet digging into my little toe.



2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I find that it is my own opinion, rather than the opinion of others that stops me being free. I know my own judgments of myself are probably far harsher than those an external observer might have. I definitely do agree though that if you stop caring about the opinion of others, a lot more options and possibilities arise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, PageWrite, so true...

    ReplyDelete