Tuesday, May 18, 2010

GEMS Video

This is a video that Mary J. Blige, Sinead O'Connor and Martha B put together for an organization called GEMS, an organization that empowers, educates and mentors women and children that have been commercially sexually exploited or domestically trafficked.

GEMS Mission Statement:

GEMS is a non-profit organization that helps and educates women and children that have been victims of human trafficking.

The name of the song; This Is To Mother You.
You can watch the video here.
Or Here.
There is a picture of me and my daughter at the end. It's the last picture they show.

Just wanted to share this with you because it's something I'm passionate about.  Thanks for checking it out.

~Live Happy

9 comments:

  1. I love Mary J. Blige, and I know ALL ABOUT this organization. I think its wonderful. Im going to check out the video now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, just watched the video. Now I'm crying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great thing they're doing though. The more people are aware, the more they can do about it.

    I guess it's getting pretty big in the suburbs now. They plant kids in the schools to befriend girls and gain their trust and then they're gone. Sad that this is what people do for money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I don't want to cry at work so I will have to check this one later when I'm at home...alone.

    Thanks for posting this though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I just watched the video, and I want to thank you so much for sharing this information, I have been volunteer for some non profits organizations that do task similar to this one, but I didn't knew about GEMS, thanks a lot for sharing.

    Thoughts of a Career Woman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video and non-profit organization, thanks for sharing it, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful song and tribute of hope for those affected by this horrific reality. Thanks for sharing it. I will do what I can to spread awareness.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for taking a look at it and thank you to those who want to raise awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing and spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete