Saturday, February 13, 2010

In search of The American Dream and an honest politician

The latter part of that sentence is an oxymoron. No?

The American Dream is just that; a dream.

Why be so limited and unoriginal? So many of us put ourselves inside this box with all of these rules and structure. I say fuck it. Just be who you are, do what makes you happy and everyone around you will be happy because you exude happiness. Happy. Happy. Happy.

Honest Politician?

When we pit good against evil, evil will always prevail if they try to exist in the same room. We can bring an honest man into a group of people that are already jaded by the relentlessness of the system. He may have the intention of making things right and moral. It's not gonna happen. Why? It's not worth the time and effort to explain, because then the truth will be lost. It's just the way it is.

Everyone wants to change the world by campaigning and rounding up groups of people to jump on the train and fight for their cause. The truth to this matter is that when you get a group of people together, it's inevitable that there will be more than one chief. This is when the power struggle begins and the truth is lost.

If we each acted as individuals to do what is right and best for ourselves and our environment, our personal little space, the bigger picture would work itself out. This is how it works. What is right for one of us may not be the right thing for the next guy. This is where we go wrong; Uniformity. Trying to figure out one solution for many different individuals. There is no one best thing for all people.

Yes, we are all connected, but the only way to actually connect is by each of us being our own unique individual selves and doing our part to live out our purpose here. And the way I have to live and the things I need to do that maintain my integrity and authenticity may not be what you need to do to maintain your integrity and authenticity.

There is a basic set of principles that the human race need follow, that's it. That's all.

~Live Happy

(Stepping down from the soapbox now).
 

5 comments:

  1. G - Sorry I couldn't respond sooner. THANKS for the Award!!! Promise to post about it once I have a long term access to a computer!

    You Rock and I love your blog too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree whole-heartedly, especially regarding the "American Dream." I was never quite sure what that meant, but I was pretty sure it meant living your life by other people's standards, something I never chose to do. I work opposite hours of most people, have never owned a home, don't drive a car, never had kids and I've never regretted any of it. I try to live as responsibility-free as I can, and sometimes people give me attitude about it, but I think they're just miserable and jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chasing the American Dream only gave me tired legs. So I chucked it all three years ago and decided to chase my OWN dream.

    Of course, my legs are still tired ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~Geof, You're welcome and thanks.

    ~Marty,I think you hit the nail on the head.

    ~Terry, I hear ya. I started two years ago. It's tough sometimes but I wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your post. I also wanted to add one tiny thing: Uniformity is indeed a problem as it's a widespread myth that there truly is such a thing. But what really frosts me is this notion that it isn't about one size fits all but that it's okay it doesn't so long as it fits most. The rest, it seems, is collateral damage. I exist on the plane of not knowing what's best for anyone else and so would never relegate anyone to that place of a decision being made for my benefit while they suffer. That is not what the Constitution was written upon and, gosh darn it all, why is allowing each person to live as they choose such a bad thing?

    End of my soapbox talk as well. ;) Great post! [Hope I didn't offend!]

    ReplyDelete