Monday, March 8, 2010

Update on the trip


I have been avoiding telling all of you this, but here goes.

We did not go to Bike Week, Daytona Beach and Key West as we had planned. Before you put your sad faces on for me, it was a decision I made, because financially it would have caused me great distress and more of the no sleep thing. Couldn't have that.

By the way, the sleep is wonderful. We bought a brand new beautiful, luxurious bed made of bamboo and recycled materials. It is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I also took Melatonin for a couple of weeks and wrote many jibberish pieces. I'm still not quite sure what that was all about, but it's over for now. Phew! Okay, back to my road less traveled.

The guy who was going to marry us on the beach in Key West said we have a year to fulfill that commitment before the money is lost. It was a relief to find out that we still had that time. So that lifted my spirits a bit.

I know without a doubt that this is the man I am to spend my life with. This is the man I am to grow and learn with so the getting married thing is just a technicality. I know it will happen and there is no rush. Besides, the weather in the Keys was terrible the week that we had planned on being there. It was cold and windy, so it was a blessing in disguise that it all turned out the way it did.

This was probably one of the most responsible choices I have made in my life, so I did learn something from all of this. I learned that I am not as irresponsible and impulsive as I thought I was. Or maybe it's just a change that took place over time and I had an opportunity to apply it.

When we do make it there to get married on the beach, I'll be sure to post pictures and share our adventures with all of you. Maybe I'll be able to get my five gallon tanks on the bike before we go. (And lose fifteen pounds).

My millions is on the way, so I won't have to worry about this stuff for much longer.

~Live Happy

9 comments:

  1. I wish I had such discipline. I chose a cruise over a new bed even though the bed is killing my back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im psyched about your new bed situation, and the fact that you are sleeping better!

    Good for you on making the less impulsive choices and doing the responsible thing!

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm. Being a thoughtful, responsible adult, huh? Guess I ought to try that sometime.

    Seriously, way to go. I'm REALLY glad you're sleeping better. Nothing sucks worse than being sleep deprived. Well, almost nothing.

    Word verification: Pancow. Makes me hungry for a fried steak just thinking about it. (Couldn't resist this one.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you,
    I just started following your blog. Growing and Change is always surprising to us, but never very suprising to those that love us.

    My folks always knew when I was gonna make a decision which way I was gonna take long before I did. LOL

    Congratulations on the wedding plans. New beginning with your best friend. That makes life worth living. Bye for now Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like everything worked out for the better...and most importantly, you feel good about how things turned out. Good for you...both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad things worked out for the best, funny how that happens sometimes. Glad the bed is working out and you're copping copious z's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there,

    Have I told you how much I love you guys and how absolutely awesome you are?!

    This will be my one responsible move for the year. I don't want to shock my system with over responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for being responsible but yes, don't let it become a habit. Eghk!

    I too think marriage is just a technicality. Good thing I'm with someone who agrees with me.

    Did I make it rhyme?

    ReplyDelete